New Sapphire Service now available
Agewell and the West Bromwich African Caribbean Resource Centre (WBACRC) are jointly delivering a new service called The Sapphire Service in Sandwell and City Hospitals.
In partnership with the Hospital Trust staff, Sapphire aims to:
- Improve the hospital experience for older adults and their carers
- Befriend patients and support with eating and hydration if required
- Identify any barriers to getting patients back home as soon as possible
- Support and advocate for patients in the discharge planning process to reduce readmissions
- Provide support in those early days back at home
- Signpost and help older adults and their carers to access community services in their local area that can improve their quality of life
We understand how overwhelming it can feel to be in hospital and the strain it can put on families and their carers. The Sapphire Service is here to help.
Look out for our friendly staff and volunteers on the wards or contact us as follows:
Agewell on 0121 796 9333 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
WBACRC on 0121 525 9177 Email: email@example.com