Agewell is delighted to be working in partnership with Crossroads and Dementia Pathfinders to deliver this new service across Sandwell for people living with dementia and their families, carers and supporters.
Looking after someone living with dementia can be overwhelming and emotionally draining but we are here to help.
Designed to reach out to people living at home or in care homes, with the aim of improving access to diagnosis and post diagnostic support, the Sandwell Dementia Navigators service aims to fully equip family carers with information, knowledge and skills to enable people with dementia and their families to live well and with meaning and purpose.
A Dementia Navigator will be able to help a family with:
- Suggesting techniques and approaches for keeping active and staying healthy
- Working out strategies for coping with family tensions and conflict
- Identifying meaningful ways to stay connected, engaged and occupied
- Signposting to organisations in the community that can provide additional help
- Providing advice on financial assistance and welfare benefits
- Offering emotional support
- Providing practical advice and devising approaches for dealing with distressed behaviours of the person with dementia
- Helping to resolve communication and relationship difficulties
During the period of restriction due to risks associated with COVID-19, Dementia Navigators will provide telephone advice and support, which might include interpreting and acting on the Government’s coronavirus guidance.
If you’d like to make a referral to the Sandwell Dementia Navigators service, please contact us as follows:
Tel: 0121 553 6483 choose Option 6 (Mon to Thurs 8:30am to 4:30pm and Fri 8:30am to 4pm)
Click here to fill in referral form